Global Atlantic Re foundation Pitch Competition
This is a Pitch Competition for BEDC Programme Participants
The 1st Annual Global Atlantic Re foundation, Pitch Competition will be launched this year as part of a partnership between the BEDC and the Global Atlantic Re foundation to support the economic development of businesses in Bermuda. This Island-wide business plan competition is a chance for emerging entrepreneurs to pitch their business providing products or services to both local and global challenges of any type.
The Global Atlantic Re foundation will award $25K grants to 5 companies:
- 3 local companies in any industry
- 1 youth entrepreneur (13 – 22)
- 1 People’s Choice
Approved applications will participate in preliminary rounds to help identify the top 10 companies who will pitch for one of the $25K grants listed above.
- Applications Open – Wednesday, May 3rd
- Submission Deadline: Monday, June 5th
- Preliminary Rounds: June 26th – July 14th
- Coaching & Pitch Bootcamp: Thursday, July 20th
- Youth Finals: August 17th
- Pitch Competition: September 28th
Before Completing the application, please keep in mind that you must have the following to be eligible for consideration.
- Must be registered with the BEDC and have participated in a BEDC Program.
- Must be a Bermuda based business.
- Must have an idea, minimum viable product or a business that has clear benefit to the Bermuda market.
- Must demonstrate demand for the product or service.
- Must clearly identify what the funds will be used for (business cannot have any political or religious affiliation).
- Must not be receiving any other grant funds from another private entity that exceeds $5,000.00.